Delve into this episode's shownotes for
expert insights, actionable strategies,
and game-changing inspiration.
10 Episode Takeaways
- Prospecting method that generates predictable sales revenue results.
- Wendy suggests setting an appointment first and then asking questions, as prospects are more likely to answer after agreeing to the appointment.
- Delivery and authenticity are crucial in cold calling, even with a script.
- Scripts act as guardrails and guides for conversations, but it's important to be prepared for different directions the conversation may take.
- Salesology focuses on the front end of the sales funnel and helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and sales teams build a pipeline of opportunities.
- One of the biggest mistakes in building a pipeline is not having a narrow focus on who to reach out to and not having a clear definition of the target audience.
- Tailoring messaging to resonate with the specific audience is crucial for building pipeline faster.
- Wendy emphasizes the importance of understanding the problems prospects have and how they talk about them by interviewing clients.
- The goal of a cold call is to set up an appointment, where the prospect agrees to have an in-depth conversation about their problem.
- Consultative selling does not work for prospecting, as step one is getting the prospect's agreement to talk, then asking questions and consulting.
Wendy Weiss emphasizes the importance of targeting a specific audience and crafting messaging that resonates with their problems. Wendy also challenges the idea of consultative selling for prospecting, highlighting the need to first secure the prospect's agreement to have a conversation before diving into a consultative approach. The key takeaway from this episode is the significance of narrowing your focus, understanding your target audience's pain points, and delivering your message authentically.
Jump to Talking Points
- [01:03] Focus on the front end of the sales funnel.
- [02:21] Discussion on the mistakes people make when trying to build pipeline.
- [02:56] Importance of targeting and having a narrow focus on who to reach out to.
- [03:07] Wendy Weiss's emphasis on understanding the problem prospects have and how they talk about it.
- [03:18] Importance of crafting messaging that resonates with the target audience.
- [04:00] Common mistake of pitching products instead of focusing on the problem.
- [04:22] Importance of going narrow to have more effective messaging.
- [04:38] Understanding the language and terms used by the target audience.
- [05:05] Importance of tailoring the message to the specific industry or prospect.
- [05:18] The question prospects often ask about working with someone in their industry.
- [05:29] Tailoring the message to the individual prospect's problem and feelings about it.
- [07:28] Importance of delivery and authenticity in cold calling scripts.
- [07:41] The goal of getting a reaction from the prospect that shows they feel understood.
- [08:03] Importance of focusing on the problem you solve rather than product features and benefits.
- [09:29] Wendy Weiss's approach of setting an appointment before asking questions.
- [10:13] Importance of having a conversation about a problem before consulting.
- [10:41] Importance of being prepared and practicing for cold calls.
- [11:00] Importance of understanding common objections and how to handle them.
- [11:41] Importance of delivery and being yourself while using a script.
- [14:46] Importance of having a conversation about a problem before consulting.
- [16:00] Importance of catching prospects off guard to initiate a dialogue.
- [16:40] Importance of delivery and being yourself while using a script.
Guest Bio (Who is Wendy Weiss?)
Weny is the founder of Salesology and has a background as a former ballerina turned sales trainer. Wendy's achievements include developing a prospecting method for generating predictable sales results and sharing her insights on overcoming call reluctance. Her credentials include her experience in sales and her expertise in applying skills learned in ballet class to the sales process. Wendy emphasizes the importance of preparation, rehearsal, and performing in the sales process, drawing parallels between sales and ballet.
3+ Million Downloads
Subscribe now to receive a wealth of knowledge directly in your inbox and stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of sales. Each episode is packed with actionable tips, innovative insights, and transformative sales tactics designed to propel your business to new heights.