Delve into this episode's shownotes for
expert insights, actionable strategies,
and game-changing inspiration.
10 Episode Takeaways
- The second book, "Hybrid Selling," focuses on equipping salespeople for the changing sales landscape.
- The world is changing fast, and the pandemic accelerated many changes that were already happening.
- Salespeople need to stay relevant and future-proof themselves to avoid becoming irrelevant.
- Hybrid selling is about bringing in different skills and tools to meet customer needs.
- Customers are more advanced, biased, and confused, and they need help from salespeople who can provide valuable insights.
- Hybrid selling is not just about working in a room or on screen, but about incorporating different elements like customer success management and account management.
- The value that salespeople bring to the table is the experience they provide and their ability to help customers think.
- Salespeople should focus on outcomes and understand that value is defined by the customer.
- Building a solid foundation, mastering virtual skills, and having a good process are essential for sales success.
- Salespeople should think like partners and guide customers rather than manipulate them.
In this episode of the Sales Transformation podcast, Collin welcomes back Fred Kovacic, author of "Hybrid Selling" and "Selling Through Partnership Skills." Fred is an expert in B2B sales and shares his insights on the changing sales landscape and the need for salespeople to adapt and stay relevant. The discussion revolves around the concept of hybrid selling, which involves bringing in different skills and tools to cater to the advanced, biased, and confused customers of today. Fred emphasizes the importance of building a solid foundation, mastering virtual selling skills, and thinking in terms of outcomes to provide a valuable and unique experience for buyers.
Jump to Talking Points
- [00:15] Fred discusses the reason for writing his second book on hybrid selling.
- [00:43] The impact of the pandemic on sales and the need to equip salespeople for the future.
- [01:39] Fred explains the concept of hybrid selling and the importance of adapting to customer needs.
- [03:54] The changing nature of sales and the need for salespeople to have a diverse set of skills.
- [08:00] The importance of building a solid foundation and having virtual selling skills.
- [10:45] The value of providing a unique and personalized experience for buyers.
- [14:35] Fred's top three takeaways from the book: solid foundation, virtual selling skills, and thinking in terms of outcomes.
Guest Bio (Who is Fred Copestake?)
Fred Copestake is a trainer, coach, consultant, and expert in B2B sales. He has extensive experience in helping salespeople adapt and evolve in the rapidly changing sales environment. While specific achievements and credentials are not provided, Fred emphasizes the importance of future-proofing salespeople and helping them stay relevant in the face of customer advancements, biases, and confusion. He believes in adding value and focusing on selling outcomes that are customer-defined.
3+ Million Downloads
Subscribe now to receive a wealth of knowledge directly in your inbox and stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of sales. Each episode is packed with actionable tips, innovative insights, and transformative sales tactics designed to propel your business to new heights.