Delve into this episode's shownotes for
expert insights, actionable strategies,
and game-changing inspiration.
10 Episode Takeaways
- Kevin Hopp has a background in sales, starting from his first job as a cashier at Dick's Sporting Goods to becoming an SDR and eventually an account executive.
- Kevin is currently a coach and trainer for SDRs.
- The sales environment has changed, with buyers doing more self-education and information being easily accessible.
- Technology may make it easier to look productive, but it may not necessarily lead to meaningful conversations.
- Kevin's success in getting promoted to AE within six months was attributed to high motivation, dedication, and exceeding quotas.
- Being really good at your job is the best way to succeed in sales.
- Many sellers today have become complacent, and not hitting quotas is now considered acceptable.
- Sales jobs have become more challenging due to increased automation and AI, making it harder to find accurate contact information and stand out among the inundation of outreach.
- Being your own boss in the tech industry has challenges and benefits, including the responsibility of bringing in business and deals.
- Resilience is important for being your own boss and pursuing entrepreneurship in the tech industry.
In this podcast episode, Collin interviews Kevin Hopp, founder of Hopp Consulting Group and host of Hopp on Calls. Kevin shares his background in sales, starting from his first job as a cashier at Dick's Sporting Goods to becoming an SDR and eventually an account executive. He also discusses his current role as a coach and trainer for SDRs. The conversation delves into the changing sales environment, the challenges of technology, the importance of being good at your job in sales, and the resilience required in the tech industry. Kevin's journey in sales and entrepreneurship is highlighted, showcasing his determination and ability to bounce back from setbacks. The key takeaways for listeners include the significance of dedication and performance in sales, the need to adapt to the evolving sales landscape, and the importance of resilience in entrepreneurship.
Jump to Talking Points
- [00:00] interview with Kevin Hopp - Kevin discusses his background in sales and his current role as a coach and trainer for SDRs.
- [00:02:31] journey from SDR to AE - The speaker reflects on their career as an SDR and their transition to becoming an AE, emphasizing the importance of dedication and performance.
- [00:05:20] importance of being good at your job in sales - The speaker emphasizes that being really good at your job is the best way to succeed in sales, despite the challenges of increased automation and AI.
- [00:07:55] sales environment and challenges of technology - The speaker discusses how the sales environment has changed, with buyers doing more self-education and the impact of technology on meaningful conversations.
- [00:10:46] Kevin's journey in sales and entrepreneurship - Kevin discusses his experiences in sales and entrepreneurship, including managing cold callers and facing layoffs.
- [00:13:35] being your own boss and resiliency in the tech industry - The speaker discusses the challenges and benefits of being your own boss in the tech industry, emphasizing the importance of resilience.
Guest Bio (Who is Kevin?)
Kevin Hopp is a Quota-Carrying sales rep turned entrepreneur. He is the founder of Hopp Consulting Group and hosts his own show called Hopp on Calls. With experience in outbound and cold calling, Kevin Hopp has achieved success in both his sales career and as an entrepreneur.
3+ Million Downloads
Subscribe now to receive a wealth of knowledge directly in your inbox and stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of sales. Each episode is packed with actionable tips, innovative insights, and transformative sales tactics designed to propel your business to new heights.