Delve into this episode's shownotes for
expert insights, actionable strategies,
and game-changing inspiration.
10 Episode Takeaways
- Qualities of a great podcast guest include promoting the host, sharing the content, and engaging with the audience.
- Building relationships in podcasting is more valuable than accumulating a large audience.
- Many people overlook the significance of developing a relationship with the podcast host beyond the interview.
- Using podcasts as a strategy can help build relationships and make deals.
- It is expensive to accumulate an audience.
- Buying behavior has changed, and personalized gifts and memes can grab prospects' attention.
- Choosing the right people to work with and leveraging podcasts for sales.
- Vetting podcast guests is important to determine if they are a good fit for potential deals.
- Josh does three to four interviews a day and has a lot of people interested in doing deals.
- Josh is in a good place where they have a lot of potential deals and are looking for the right people to work with.
Collin Mitchell discusses the qualities of a great podcast guest. He emphasizes the importance of promoting the host, sharing the content, and engaging with the audience. The speaker also highlights the benefits of being a great guest, such as receiving gifts and opportunities for collaboration. Additionally, Collin talks about the significance of building relationships in podcasting and how it is more valuable than accumulating a large audience. He expresses frustration when guests only aim to tap into the host's audience without nurturing the relationship. Collin believes that after interviewing someone, it is common for them to express interest in collaborating rather than audience members reaching out with financial support.
Another topic discussed in this episode is leveraging podcasts to build relationships and make deals. The speaker shares his own experience of struggling for 20 years before finding success with podcasts. He also mentions the challenges of selling products directly and the expenses involved in building an audience. The speaker emphasizes that everyone is out there chasing the audience, but it is very expensive to accumulate one. Instead, he suggests using podcasts as a strategy to build relationships and make deals. Overall, this episode provides insights into being a great podcast guest, the importance of building relationships in podcasting, and the benefits of leveraging podcasts for business purposes.
Jump to Talking Points
- [00:03:01] Leveraging Podcasts to Build Relationships and Make Deals
- [00:05:41] Building Relationships in Podcasting
- [00:08:22] How to be a great podcast guest
Guest Bio (Who is Josh?)
Josh Wilson is a podcast host and dealmaker known for his ability to build relationships with cool people and have friends in different cities. He has achieved success in his career by leveraging personalized content to grab prospects' attention and understanding that building relationships is key. With his expertise and experience, Josh Wilson has established himself as a respected figure in the industry.
3+ Million Downloads
Subscribe now to receive a wealth of knowledge directly in your inbox and stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of sales. Each episode is packed with actionable tips, innovative insights, and transformative sales tactics designed to propel your business to new heights.