Delve into this episode's shownotes for
expert insights, actionable strategies,
and game-changing inspiration.
10 Episode Takeaways
- Larry is an exceptional sales coach with experience in the sales leadership space.
- Larry has his own book and hosts his own podcast.
- The previous episode with Larry discussed how to thrive in tough times.
- Larry emphasizes the importance of taking action and not just talking about success.
- Prospecting with intentionality means being thoughtful and using your own mind to build a list of prospects.
- Asking tough questions of yourself and others leads to better answers and personal growth.
- Talking to lost opportunities is a goldmine for learning and improving sales strategies.
- Feedback, even if it doesn't feel good, helps sellers avoid making the same mistakes again.
- The reasons for losing deals are rarely related to product or price, but sellers often assume they are.
The episode focuses on the theme of "talk is cheap" and the importance of taking action in sales. Larry and Collin discuss the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk, emphasizing the need for intentionality in prospecting and the value of reaching out to lost opportunities for feedback. They highlight the power of asking tough questions, both of oneself and of clients, to drive personal and professional growth. The key takeaway for listeners is to be proactive, learn from failures, and apply those learnings to improve sales success.
Jump to Talking Points
- [00:31] Larry's energetic and engaging style.
- [02:01] Larry shares his experience doing a keynote on leveraging LinkedIn.
- [02:19] Discussion on people talking a big game but not backing it up with actions.
- [03:18] Colin brings up the concept of prospecting with intentionality.
- [03:49] Larry emphasizes the importance of being thoughtful and using one's own brain.
- [05:31] Discussion on the importance of learning from lost opportunities.
- [09:02] Discussion on identifying tendencies and making necessary changes.
- [10:28] Importance of asking for feedback to avoid making the same mistakes.
- [11:41] Colin emphasizes the importance of knowing why deals are lost.
- [12:11] Larry jokes about his speaking event at a cemetery conference.
- [13:03] Discussion on the importance of feedback and asking tough questions.
Guest Bio (Who is Larry Long Jr.?)
Larry Long Jr. is a seasoned entrepreneur and business leader known for his innovative approach to sales and marketing. With years of experience in scaling businesses and driving revenue growth, Larry has earned a reputation as a forward-thinker in the industry. His passion for empowering sales teams and sharing valuable insights has made him a sought-after speaker and consultant. Larry Long Jr. is dedicated to helping businesses thrive in today's competitive market through strategic sales development and leadership.
3+ Million Downloads
Subscribe now to receive a wealth of knowledge directly in your inbox and stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of sales. Each episode is packed with actionable tips, innovative insights, and transformative sales tactics designed to propel your business to new heights.